GeneralThe Royal Heraldry Society of Canada or RHSC does not endorse nor recommend any commercial products, processes, or services unless it is explicitly stated on this Website. Any views and opinions of authors expressed on RHSC's Web sites do not necessarily state or reflect those of RHSC, and therefore may not be used for advertising nor product endorsement purposes.
Questions and CommentsIf you have any questions or comments about RHSC's Disclaimer, please go to Contact Info and post a feedback on this subject. We will consider changes suggested by you for integration to our Disclaimer on this page as soon as the commitment has been made to alter this disclaimer.
We at the Royal Heraldry Society of Canada or RHSC are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of individual's or organizations' information to the best of our abilities within the limitations imposed by the relatively unsecured Internet. Through this privacy statement, RHSC wants to assure you of our commitment.
Our privacy philosophy is based on the concept of fair information practices. This means we provide our associates, affiliates and other relationships with notice of how we manage information so that they can have a more informed understanding of how we operate and of the usage of the information collected.
This privacy statement is intended to inform the users about how we collect, use, share and protect their information on the RHSC Website. We have established the following principles that govern our information practices:
- If we collect information from or about you or your organization, you will have access to that information prior to it going online for review and acceptance, so that you may view what information had been collected and for what purposes.
- We will provide to you with reasonable options about how the information that you provide us may be used with respect to the presentation of content on the RHSC Website.
- You understand that the information you provide for online presentation cannot be absolutely secured from unauthorized use by parties external to RHSC.
- You will have the opportunity to update the information that you have provided to us by contacting an RHSC representative.
- RHSC will also take steps to ensure that any updates that are collected are processed in a timely and complete manner.
- Despite the Society's security and privacy policies definition and implementation, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while the Society strives to protect membership information, the Society cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to sanctioned destinations or from our partners, membership and institutions transmitted to the Society.
- The Society will not sell or rent any of memberships' identifiable information to third parties. The Society will not share any of memberships' personally identifiable information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with the member’s express permission:
- The Society will disclose information that the RHSC in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of the Society's security and privacy policies.
- The Society disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
Questions and Comments